Thursday 7 March 2013

Love After Love


Hey y'all

So first off, I'm sorry I haven't really given my preamble the effort it deserves over the last couple of days. I was attacked by a plague of gnats shaped like the letter X, so I couldn't see clearly to type, but I've been trying really hard to fight them off, so hopefully things can start getting back to normal at some point. I'm not convinced they will, but we can only try, right?

Secondary apologies must apply to recent poems also. I can't concentrate to write anything very jolly right now (it's the gnats, they've chewed me raw). Tonight's poem was supposed to be longer, but nothing sounded right, so maybe it's the right length, just as it is.

Anyway, day 23 go go go!

On Darkness

The night comes in like a stranger,
fumbling over our arrangements,
our routines. There’s a whisper
of something breaking.

There’s a rustle in the shadows.
I look across at you.
Your face has become a Ferris wheel
turning slowly away from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment